Dip. (Office Administration)
SAQA ID 35958
YEAR ONE MODULES
- Business Literacy: Communication and Mathematics (ICB)*
- Business and Office Administration 1 (ICB)*
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (ICB)*
- Marketing Management and Public Relations (ICB)*
- Business Law and Administrative Practice (ICB)*
- Cost and Management Accounting (ICB)*
- Business and Office Administration 2 (ICB)*
- Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (ICB)*
- Economics (ICB)*
*Five (5) Formative assignments and tests comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is
weighted 30% of the final grade. The Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final
grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided
for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Tuition fees include workbooks.
Registration and Assessment fees to ICB will be charged separately.
Based on credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is two (2) years and the maximum duration is four (4) years of study.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
- Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to communicate effectively in an organisational environment
- Understanding of current legal provisions regarding administrative practice of corporate bodies in South African context
- Understanding of principles of cost and management accounting
- A sound knowledge of the role of marketing, ability to find market opportunities and control marketing plans
- Ability to understand and apply basic principles of law affecting business relationships/transactions
- Understanding of the principles of office management
- Ability to apply management principles in a broad range of management disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of office administration with skills in office procedure
- Ability to perform role of executive assistant to management or office administrator
- Eligibility to register as a member of The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and Accountants (ICBA)
National Senior Certificate (NSC); or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)) L4; or prior to 2009, Senior Certificate; or Further Education and Training (FET) Certificate; or equivalent qualification.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
- Certificate Office Administration SAQA ID 23618, NQF L5, 120 credits from FASSET SETA
YEAR TWO (FIRST THREE MODULES):
- Higher Certificate Office Administration SAQA ID 23619, NQF L5, 240 credits from FASSET SETA
YEAR TWO (ALL SIX MODULES):
- Diploma Office Administration SAQA ID 35958, NQF L6, 360 credits from FASSET SETA
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to any Boston Higher Education Programme. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.