YEAR ONE MODULES
- Introduction to PC*
- General Office Practice*
- Word Processing*
- Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 1 (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 2 (FMI)**
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership and Assessment fees to FMI, and the Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Responsible | Honest | Accurate | Methodical | Careful
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to record income and receipts
- Ability to make and record payments
- Ability to prepare ledger balances and an initial trial balance
- Ability to perform VAT calculations and complete returns
- Ability to record business transactions
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
An Assistant Bookkeeper Skills Programme with a total of 38 credits on NQF L4/5 from FASSET SETA
A Boston Short Learning Programme Assistant Bookkeeper
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.