YEAR ONE MODULES
- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- General Office Practice*
- Stock Control*
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)**
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership and Assessment Fees to FMI will be charged separately.
Responsible | Methodical | Efficient | Accurate
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to implement stock records and keep them up to date
- Ability to control stock and perform full stock-taking procedures
- Ability to understand a wide range of ordering and delivery systems
- Familiarity with office procedures and environments
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Stock Controller
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner apply for admission to a Boston Short Learning Programme or an Occupational Qualification of which either has a Grade 11 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.