YEAR ONE MODULES
- Word Processing*
- Club Management and Administration*
- Sports Marketing and Sponsorship*
- Sociology of Sport*
- Sports Medicine and Injuries*
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Interest in Sport | Enthusiastic | Ability to Manage | Confidence to Make Decisions
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- A full insight into the commercial sporting world
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- An understanding of administrative systems required to administer a sport or fitness organisation
- Knowledge of sound business principles required in a sport or fitness organisation
- Ability to understand implications of a sports club constitution
- An understanding of the roles and functions of office bearers in a sport or fitness organisation
- Ability to understand recruitment and management of sports club members
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Sports Club Administration
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner apply for admission to a Boston Short Learning Programme or an Occupational Qualification of which either has a Grade 11 Certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.