YEAR ONE MODULES
- Word Processing*
- Project Management (OPRM11615)*
- Project+ (CompTIA)**
- Microsoft Project 1*
- Microsoft Project 2*
- Principles of Customer Service*
- Principles of Business Communication*
- Principles of Business Management*
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**The Learner may participate in as many non-formal Formative Assessments as is required in order to prepare for the International exam. Once declared ready, the Learner may then sit for the International Summative Assessment. All International Summative Assessments require a Learner to be declared Competent in each. There is no supplementary opportunity as the Learner is permitted to sit for the International Summative Assessment as many times as is required, until declared Competent. Each International Summative Assessment sitting attracts an additional fee.
CompTIA Examination fees will be charged separately.
PMSA STUDENT (ASSOCIATE) MEMBERSHIP
Project Management South Africa (PMSA) is a not-for-profit, member-based professional association serving the knowledge, networking and representation needs of practising project managers in South Africa. Boston Learners will be registered as Student (Associate) Members of PMSA with access to various industry magazines, publications, textbook articles and project management articles. PMSA Membership Fees will be charged separately.
Well Organised | Meticulous | Able to Delegate | Friendly | Ability to Remain Calm Under-Pressure | Responsible | Confident
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to assess full extent of particular project
- Ability to plan step-by-step each phase and delivery point of project
- Ability to monitor progress, generate progress reports and keep implementation on track throughout process
- Ability to recognise shortcomings and potential problems during the project, as and when or and even before they occur
- Ability to stay calm and make the correct decisions, with appropriate consultation with stakeholders, when things need to change during the project
- Ability to keep all project goals in focus, so as to ensure full delivery of all aims of project
- Ability to delegate responsibility and monitor appropriately
- Ability to control budget at all stages and report at regular intervals
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent Qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME /
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
A Project+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA (Internationally recognized)
A Boston Short Learning Programme Project Management
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.